Thursday 31 January 2013

Album and Song of the Month [January 2013]

This is a little section on my blog where I am going to review a song and an album that I have enjoyed the most this month. I'll do this at the end of every month!


Song:  Now - Paramore:

 

This song was released on January 22nd, at first I really didn't like the song. The first lines 'Don't try to take this from me' I still don't find myself to be able to listen to without thinking 'What is this?' the way Hayley sings it doesn't agree with my ears. Despite this I gave it another few listens because Paramore have been one those bands who have been here through the majority of my life. After a good few listens the song started to grow on me and I really hope that the whole entire song will in fact grow on me. I have had it on repeat for a few days and I am beginning to fall in love with it!

Despite that tiny moan this song is catchy and I really do love it, the instrumental work is incredible, you can obviously almost hear a little hole where the farro's left but they have grown stronger since then and I'm so glad they've pulled through with an amazing single for their new album! April 9th please hurry up!


Album: Fools And Worthless Liars - Deaf Havana:



I know this didn't come out this month, but I got this album for Christmas and I have fallen in love with it. Every song has such meaning to it that it can bring you so many emotions, it's a real good album to sit down and listen to whilst doing some homework. To pick a favourite overall on this album is literally impossible for me, I can connect to every song  and each one has a line or a verse in it that I think 'wow, that is so meaningful' or 'I completely relate to that'  However I'm going to write a bit about two of the songs on there that really stand out for me at the moment.

The Past Six Years - I fell in love with this song in the first second, the guitar is beautiful and how it is almost jumpy yet calm? The line 'These days my friends aren't who they used to be' I really related to the first time I listened to this, I think that the words of this song really do connect to a lot of young people which is why it's such a good song.  It's really hard to explain how much I have fallen in love with this song, just the way they've fitted the whole song together really is  amazing. I really recommend you give it a listen!

Anemophobia - This is a song that a lot of teenagers or even young adults can relate to most (I am not saying older people can't relate to it) I could write about every single line of this song, but instead I'll write about a particular few lines that really stand out for me every time I listen to this song.

I need to get away
From this place, 'cause my outlooks' changed
Along with how I speak and I'm really not the same as I used to be
I'm always living in my head and I can't remember when, I last felt alive.

 
I'm going to sound like an english teacher who over analyses everything now but this is how I think about it when I hear these lyrics. I think the whole verse can connect to the title of the song 'The Past Six Years' Saying how he has changed and how much is different. I can compare this to myself this time last year, I now speak completely differently, even my choice of words. I do live in my head a lot, always saying I'll do things when really I'll sit at home watching Disney and tweeting about how boring my life is. This song really does mean a lot to me and I'm sure it does to a lot of other Deaf Havana fans!

So yeah this is the album I think you need to pick up and give a listen, it's worth the money, I promise you!

Until next time
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment